Destinations Coventry’s Privacy Notice
Destinations Complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use Personal Data about you
We collect personal data about you when you subscribe to Visit Coventry.
We use this information to:
- Provide you with appropriate information about things to see and do across the Coventry area
- Send timely updates regarding various events and attractions in Coventry
- Where relevant, we may occasionally send offers or discounts available to you
Our lawful basis for processing persona data is consent.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect and hold the following personal data:
- Email address
Who we share your personal Data with:
We will share data with:
- Other Coventry City Council Internal departments
- Granicus as a processor, for the purpose of marketing and administration
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to so we can give you the service you need, unless we must keep it for legal reasons.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Withdraw consent (see below)
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Ask for human intervention regarding decisions made about you by a computer
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Withdrawal of Consent:
Where personal data is processed based on consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent.
To exercise any of these rights please contact: email@example.com
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your
data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision.
Data Protection Team
Coventry City Council
The Council House
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office at:
The Information Commissioner's Office
Date of last review: October 2020